Sometimes I just want to add a little POP to an image, and I have found this to be one of the easiest ways to achieve it. Simple. Very simple. And takes only a minute or less to do!
1. Open your image in Photoshop.
2. Go to you Layers menu and click on Channels
3. Once you are on the Channels menu, hold down your Ctrl button and click on RGB (in the Channels
menu). This will highlight portions of your image.
4. Click back over to Layers and hit Ctrl + J to make a new layer for your image.
5. Now all you need to do is change your blending mode (I always try Soft light and screen first if I am trying
to make the image lighter!) and adjust your opacity.
6. Once you have your image to your liking, just merge your layers and you are done!
Now that was almost too easy, wasn’t it?
Here is a before and after using that method! I used Color Dodge as my blending mode and tweaked it to about 57%.